Baseball       Football       Inline Hockey       Hockey      3 on 3 Hockey       Lacrosse    Rugby    School Sports       Soccer       More Sports   Ultimate Frisbee      Newspaper     Features


Sarnia Hockey House League Week 9

Monday December 24, 2012

by Lincoln Simpson

Hockey was never more entertaining and never finer than Saturday morning at Clearwater arena. In the Sarnia Hockey McDonald's Atom division, 4 hard fought battles were won. Green trumped White, Red edged out Grey, Orange beat Yellow, and Blue
surpassed Black.

White faced Green in the early time slot, and a defensive chess match ensued. Brady Krasinkiewicz took the feed from Brice Wallis to
open the scoring for Green. But with 0:47 seconds left, Thomas Field andCody Hillman teamed up to answer back for White. After a goaltending duelin the second period, the score remained tied. That was until seconds into the third period, Luke Casey took the beautiful pass from Joseph McNeil to net the game winner for Green. And the score remained 2-1 with Green pulling out the victory in a game decided mainly by defence.

The second game of the morning was an action packed 3 periods featuring the Grey and Red teams. With 7 minutes left in the first period, the teams traded goals. Red’s came from Mitchel Keelan, and Grey’s from Kyle Fraser. A minute later however, Grey’s Zion Ainsworth buried the pass from Taylor Stafford to pull into the lead. But the second period was a hunt for Red October, with two goals for red coming from Janzen Wark, and Matteo Troiani. In the third, Red opened up the lead to 6-2 after goals from Tyler Caron (Davidson and Bishop on the assists), Keelan’s second of the game this time from Justis Lapier, and Zack Pearso (Aaron Coene and Aiden Healey on the assists.) Grey’s Dean Palimaka answered late in the game, but Grey ran out of time to come back leaving the score 6-3 for Red.

The Citrus Bowl was next with Orange and Yellow going head to head. Ryan Dennis opened the scoring for Orange with the help of Ben Lyford on the assist. Quinn Schmidt put Orange up 2-0 with an unassisted marker to finish the frame. In the second, Yellow’s Alex Weir buried the Dawson Howes feed to cut the lead in half. But in the third, Schmidt put away his second goal of the game, putting the game on ice for Orange. 3-1 was the final.

Black and Blue finished off the morning with yet another exciting defensive battle. A scoreless first period showcased excellent defence
from both teams. In the second though, Blue’s scorer’s opened it up with a goal each from Chase Nickels (Cyrus Maness picking up the assist) and Christian D’Agostini riding his multiple week goal streak. But not to be out-done, Kevin Gray sniped home his first of the season for Black after excellent passing from Ivan Lange, and George Feniak. In the third, Black tied the game when Sebastien Fraser and Tony Vario paired up for the equalizer. But moments later Chase Nickels and Matthew Davies rang up their own mark in the goal column. Time ran out of this one with the scoreboard flashing 3-2 for the Blue team.







© 1999 - 2012 - All rights reserved

About Us       Contact       Jobs