Baseball       Football       Inline Hockey       Hockey      3 on 3 Hockey       Lacrosse    Rugby    School Sports       Soccer       More Sports   Ultimate Frisbee      Newspaper     Features

Sarnia Sturgeon Peewee picked up their game in the second half
June 23, 2012 


In Ontario Football Conference Peewee division the Sarnia Sturgeon Peewee's hosted the league leading Forest city Thunderbirds in a game under the lights at Norm Perry Park.


First half saw the Thunderbirds go up 31 - 6 after scoring five touchdowns and converting on one.  Chase Brown and Eathan Martin each scored 2 touchdowns and Quentin Isaac scored a single.  Single point conversion was kicked by Jay VanOverberghe.

For Sarnia Nathan Greaves scored the only touchdown in the first half. 

In the second half the Sturgeon picked up their game starting from the opening kickoff when the Sturgeon ran the ball down to the one yard line and Nathan Greaves scored on the next play. 

Thunderbirds Eli Kwiatkowski scored the next touchdown and the extra point was good kicked in by Jay Vanquerberghe. 

Gabe Barnes ran in for the third Sturgeon touchdown but the Thunderbirds would add to the scoreboard on a 55 yard touchdown by  Quentin Isaac.  VanOverberge's kick was good for the extra point. 


From the one yard line Kurtis Hill ran in for the 4th touchdown for the Sturgeon and the 2 point pass was ran in by Cole Morrison. 


The Thunderbirds final touchdown came on a 50 yard run by Chase Brown and Luke Ainsworth kick in the extra point.  Sturgeon's Cole Morrison scored the last touchdown off the night on a double reverse play. 


Final score Thunderbirds 52 - Sturgeon 32.

"After a rough first half our goal was to win the second half and we did." said Sturgeon Coach Tim Purdy  "Nobody else has put 32 points on them so were happy about that."


The Sturgeon are now 2 - 3 for the season and with a week off they will head back to the practice field before they take on the Hamilton Panthers on July 8 at Norm Perry Park.