Baseball       Football       Inline Hockey       Hockey      3 on 3 Hockey       Lacrosse    Rugby    School Sports       Soccer       More Sports   Ultimate Frisbee      Newspaper     Features


Sarnia Minor Peewee MD take Two Wins, Team now 10 - 1 for the season

November 5, 2012

Sarnia was ready to play on Friday, at least on the first shift, that's when the North London Nationals took it to Sarnia for the next period and a half. Sarnia would find themselves in a 2-0 hole, before they started to claw themselves back out of the hole.

Hayden Griffen on a Spencer Baillie Pass would bring the game to 2-1, and then a few minutes later Cole Goossens on a lucky pass from Tyler Talbot-Ellis would tie the game at 2-2.

Spencer Baillie did some great work, and gave the Sting the lead at 3-2 in the third, because that is when the Sting decided it was time to wake up, listen to the coaching staff, and play some hockey.

North London would tie the game 3-3 on a beautiful 2-1 passing play, and with only a minute left, Kaleb Zeytinoglu would find the back of the net to win the game.


The Sting came away with a hard fought 4-2 victory over Stratford.

The Sting continued their winning ways on Sunday morning as they traveled to the Festival City for a 10:30am start.

The game didn't start out as well as the Sting would have liked as Stratford took an early 1-0 lead. The Sting seemed to control the play throughout the early stages of the game, however, they were unsuccessful in manufacturing any sort of offence. The Sting finally managed to find the back of the net in the second period as Kaleb Zeytinoglu scored an unassisted goal to tie things up. Unfortunately, Stratford managed to re-take the lead near the end of the second period and the Stratford Warriors took a 2-1 lead going into the third.

The Sting had a hard time getting any traction on the scoreboard as they were burdened with penalties. To their credit, the players didn't let this take them out of the game despite the fact that they disagreed with the calls. The players persevered and continued their grinding offence which finally began paying off as the game moved on.

Between the second and third period, Coach Schaefer instructed the players to keep doing what they were doing which was all they needed to hear. The Sting finally began finding the back of the net.

The first goal of the period came from the stick of Evan Trigatti who reached out and grabbed a nice pass from Tyler Talbot-Ellis before putting it in the net.

Next up was Captain Cole Goossens who helped guide a point shot from Damon Skinn-Wai past the netminder for the go-ahead goal.

The Sting were then short-handed killing a penalty when the duo of Goossens and Talbot-Ellis put on an impressive display of penalty killing. Due to their aggressive play, Cole Goossens managed to send himself on a break-away but was unsuccessful in his attempt to put the puck through the goalies chest pad. The Warriors collected the puck and tried to take it back up the ice, however, Talbot-Ellis hunted down the puck carrier with some impressive back-checking which caused a turn over sending Cole Goossens on another one-on-one with the goalie. Goossens changed his strategy, and avoided the chest pad which seemed to be heavily armoured on his first attempt. This time, Goossens fired a rocket to the top corner giving the Sting the insurance they needed to ride out the win.

Cameron Stevens picked up the win in net, bailing out the defence on a couple of occasions after some positional breakdowns.

The Jr Sting have a busy week ahead starting with their long-time rivals the North London Nationals followed by a weekend tournament in Mooretown.








1999 - 2012 - All rights reserved

About Us       Contact       Jobs