Baseball       Football       Inline Hockey       Hockey      3 on 3 Hockey       Lacrosse    Rugby    School Sports       Soccer       More Sports   Ultimate Frisbee      Newspaper     Features


Sarnia FC U11's Indoor Soccer Season Opener

October 22, 2012

The Sarnia FC U11 boy's Indoor soccer team opened up their LDYSL season with a pair of games at BMO Centre on the weekend. After two months of intense training the boys were anxious and ready for the start. They would face the Soutwest Eurostars in the opening game. From the starting kick-off you could tell that this would be a close evenly matched game. Some strong ball skills were evident on both sides of the pitch. The Eurostars would open the scoring halfway through the first half. Sarnia FC continued pressing and finally would be rewarded as mid-fielder Nathan Hawkes would find the back of the London net. London would take a one goal lead as they would score early into the second half. Not to be denied Sarnia would show their resilience and once again tie the game. Mid-fielder Jack Hutchinson would find the loose ball and hammer it into the left side of the Eurostar goal closing out the game in a tie.

Final Score: Sarnia FC 2 - Southwest Eurostars 2.

Three hours later, Sarnia FC would play their second match of the day vs. the Oakridge Thunder. The Thunder would come out strong and press Sarnia in their end for the first few minutes of the match. Sarnia defenders along with goalie Andrew Harron, would stand strong and deny most scoring chances. Sarnia forward, Isaiah Edlington would open the scoring on a thunderous shot from 25 yards out which eluded the Oakridge keeper. Soon after Sarnia FC striker Mateo Troiani would notch his first of the game as he placed the perfect volley over the goalie's outstretched hands. Troiani would pick-up his second of the game, driving the ball from 15 yards out which deflected off of the post and in. Isaiah Edlington would put Sarnia FC up by 4, on a beautiful display of ball juggling, finishing with a stunning volley into the Oakridge net. Sarnia would close out the half with a four goal lead.

The Thunder came out strong in the beginning of the second half scoring two quick goals. Sarnia would settle things down and Mateo Troiani would notch his third of the game to regain a three goal lead. A few minutes later, FC would continue pressing and Sarnia striker Michael Howe would fire in his first of the season. Troiani would close out the scoring as he pounded on a loose ball firing it into the bottom left corner of the Oakridge net.

Final Score: Sarnia FC 7 - Oakridge Thunder 3.

Coaches were very proud and pleased of the efforts shown by the Sarnia boys on the pitch. Next action will be back in London on November 11th.










1999 - 2012 - All rights reserved

About Us       Contact       Jobs