Baseball       Football       Inline Hockey       Hockey      3 on 3 Hockey       Lacrosse    Rugby    School Sports       Soccer       More Sports   Ultimate Frisbee      Newspaper     Features


Lambton Major Peewee AAA Take 3 of 4 Points on Double Header Day

October 18, 2012


The Major Peewee’s went on the road this past Saturday for a doubleheader against the Cambridge Hawks and the Kitchener Rangers.  The Sting were hoping to keep their streak of no loses in league play alive and build off their 4-0-1 record.


First up were the Hawks, a team that was looking to avenge their loss last week to the Sting.  The 1st period saw the Sting come out strong and playing with speed, which forced their opponents to take some early penalties.  One of those power plays the boys capitalized on as Cameron Rombouts found the back of the net with a nifty backhander, assisted by Dante Fuoco and Cameron Adam.


The early highlights of the 2nd period was penalty killing by both teams, the Sting, for their part, did a great job swarming the puck and keeping the Hawks to the outside.  Later in the period Fuoco, Rombouts & Adam would hook up again as Adam passed it off to Rombouts, who in turn made a great cross crease pass to Fuoco to make it 2-0.  As the period was coming to an end Cambridge were finally able to muster up some pressure in our zone and unfortunately we could not clear the zone after a few chances and before you knew it the puck ended up in the net, to put the score at 2-1.  With only about a 1:30 left in the period the Sting scored another goal but it was called back, as one of the linesman apparently blew the whistle prior to it crossing the line.


The 3rd period Cambridge tried to play a physical game to intimidate, but all it did was put them shorthanded for 4 minutes.  This would cost them dearly.  On the power play Theo Crombeen passed it to Nic Direzze who wired a shot on net creating a big rebound, which was pounced on by Rombouts, who backhanded in his second goal of the game.  The Sting scoring was rounded off by Direzze, who banged in a goal from the side of the net from another great cross crease pass by Josh Vale.


The final score was 4-2 for the Sting, a win that improved their record to 5-0-1.  Good job once again boys!


Next up were the Kitchener Rangers.  The theme of avenging losses continued as the Rangers were looking to make up for a double OT loss to the Sting at the London Early Bird Tournament.  Both teams came out strong looking to establish an edge as the winner would claim first place overall. 


All three periods were tight checking sets with neither team creating sustained quality pressure.  The two goalies were able to turn away all attempts frustrating the offensive players.  Jakob Knowles made three key saves to earn the shutout and player of the game.


The final was a scoreless draw that improved our record to 5-0-2.  The tie also had the Sting in first place overall for the first time. 








© 1999 - 2012 - All rights reserved

About Us       Contact       Jobs