Baseball       Football       Inline Hockey       Hockey      3 on 3 Hockey       Lacrosse    Rugby    School Sports       Soccer       More Sports   Ultimate Frisbee      Newspaper     Features



September 23, 2012


Saturday September 22 was a busy day at Norm Perry Park as all 12 teams played games.

In the Atom Division the Planet Stitch Inferno bested the Lanxess Shock Wave 42-0. Cody Johnston led the attack with 3 touchdowns, Ethan Barnes tallied 2, and Michel Schechinger also rumbled to the end zone. Schechinger kicked converts on 4 of the 6 touchdowns.
The other Atom game between the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 62 Iron Hides and the Rob Simrak Magic Realty Razor Claws ended in a 24-24 tie. The lead switched hands many times in this exciting affair. Lucas Kita led the Iron Hides with touchdown runs of 15, 25 and 40 yards and also connected with Jaxon Rawcliffe on a 24 yeard pass and run play. Matt Gouviea led the Razor Claws with 3 majors with the other going to Jackson Grasse.

In the PeeWee Division the Storm maintained their perfect record, defeating the Fury 26-8. Cole Morrison again led the Storm, running to the end zone from 6, 34 and 44 yards. Morrison also returned a kick off 75 yards. Hunter Hendrie connected with Matthew Davies on a pass for a single point convert and Marcus Cherski earned the final point for the Storm on a run for the other convert. Mark Bridge counted the lone major for the Fury on a 1 yard quarterback sneak, then added a 2 point convert on a successful kick.
The Avengers edged the Force 13-12 as Mitchell Hillsdon's convert was the difference in the game. The teams traded touchdowns as Hillsdon scored on runs of 27 and 52 yards for the Avengers and Jackson Smiley and Cam Havers countered for the Force.

The first Bantam division game was a very exciting and bizarre affair. The Mechanical Contractor's Association Toros eventually prevailed over the Sarnia Police Association Tiger Sharks 32-25 but only after some major momentum swings. The game appeared to be a romp for the Toros as they opened up a 24-0 halftime lead on touchdown runs of 3 and 52 yards by Jamie Campbell and a 1 yard plunge by Nathan Greaves. Dale Leivo converted all 3 of the Toro touchdowns. In the second half the tide began to turn.

The Toros took the opening kick off and appeared headed for another major. Caleb Grondin recovered a Toro fumble and the Tiger Sharks cashed in on this turnover as Dylan Fais ran 53 yards to put the Sharks on the board. Keyshaun Jordan then recovered his own short kick on the ensuing play. Fais connected on a 47 yard pass to Dirk Popen and the once insurmountable lead was now 24-12. Again Jordan attempted a short kick off and it was recovered by the Tiger Sharks Adam Jackson. Dylan Fais led the rebounding Sharks down the field and scored on a 1 yard quarterback sneak. A single point convert by Jordan reduced the Toro lead to 24-19. Jordan again kicked the ball short, it bounced off a Toro and was once again recovered by the sure handed Jackson. The Tiger Sharks drove down the field and took their first lead of the game 25-24 on a 3 yard pass from Fais to Popen. The Toros finally covered the resulting kick with 5 minutes left in the game. They drove down the field and went ahead again on a 3 yard run by Campbell and a convert by Leivo. The Tiger Sharks, down 32-25 started a final drive with 2 minutes remaining. On the last play of the game the Toros defence came up big and stopped the Tiger Sharks on their own 1 yard line to preserve the victory.

In the second Bantam Game the Sylvan Learning Centre Bears rebounded from a crushing defeat Wednesday night to prevail over the Mammoet Crane Incorporated Mammoths 32-18. The Mammoths opened the scoring on a 12 yard touchdown run by Patrick miller. The Bears clawed back and tied the game on a 66 yard scamper by Matthew Paquette. Before the half was over, Travis Conrad added 2 more majors for the Mammoths, one on a 42 yard run and the other on a 22 yard pass and run play from quarterback Nick Snow. Mathew Paquette scored his second touchdown for the Bears and successfully converted it. The Mammoths went to the break with an 18-14 lead. The second half was all Bears as Clay Mackie barrelled in from 4 yards out and Paquette galloped to the end zone from 88 yards. Nicholas Iacobelli closed out the scoring by intercepting a pass and speeding 60 yards to the house.








1999 - 2012 - All rights reserved

About Us       Contact       Jobs