Kelly Killoran, former student at St. Christopher’s, was recently honoured at the Fleming College (Peterborough) Knights
athletic awards banquet at the Peterborough Sport and Wellness Centre.
She was awarded the Fleming College 2013 Female Athlete of the Year for the second consecutive season.
As well, Killoran also received the honour of being awarded the Fleming College 2013 Woman’s Basketball Team Most Valuable Player, for the second straight year.
The Sarnia native, a second-year student in the police foundations program,also set an individual Ontario College Athletic Association (OCAA) Women’s Basketball record in 2013, for the most three-point field goals in a season, shooting 68 – 3 point shots.
Killoran set a new record in 2012 when she finished with 56. (old record was 45) She also tied the OCAA record for most 3 point shots made in a single game, at 9.
The 2013 Fleming Knights Woman’s Basketball Team also set an OCAA record – most 3 point shots made by a team in a single season at 149, breaking the previous record of 115, set by Sheridan College in 2012.
Killoran was also recognized as an OCAA East region second team all-star for two years running, an OCAA all academic and CCAA Academic All-Canadian for 2011-12 (a school banner was presented to Kelly to be placed on the wall in Fleming’s Main Basketball Gym)
She also set Fleming College school records for -
- most 3 point shots made in a season (68)
- most 3 point shots in a single game (9)
- most 3 point shots made in a career(124 in 2 seasons)
- the first student athlete to make an OCAA all star 2 years in a row for Woman’s Basketball
- the first student athlete to twice be named OCAA Overall Female athlete of the week
- the first student athlete to twice be named OCAA Women’s Basketball athlete of the week
Killoran now completes her athletic career, playing 5 years of post secondary school athletics.
(3 years at Carleton University and 2 years at Fleming College)