Home   Baseball    Football    Hockey   3 on 3 Hockey    Lacrosse    Rugby    School Sports   Soccer  Ultimate Frisbee     


Vision Hockey 2001 Green Knocked out in Semi's in OT at Bluewater Sharks Tourney

monday may 27, 2013


On Sunday at the Bluewater Sharks Hockey Tournament at the RBC Centre Vision Hockey 2001 Green Team were knocked out by the Indy Winds 3 - 2  in overtime.


Indy Wings took a 2 - 0 lead after the first period but the Vision Hockey team never gave up and battled back. 



"We told them to keep playing their game." Coach Jamie Gailbraith said on being down two goals after the first.  "They've been taking care of the little things in the game and as long as they took care of the little things the scoreboard would take care of itself."


In the second period Brayden Smith fired the first goal after finding himself open in front of the net.  Zack Power and Ethan Roche assisted on the goal.  Early in the third period Carter McIlwain scored an unassisted goal for the tie. Play continue to go back and forth and regulation time ran out sending the game into a 5 minute sudden death overtime.  After a scramble in front of the Vision net Indy Wings found the opening and took the win to move on to the final game.


"That was one of the best minor hockey games I have seen in a long time." said Gailbraith  "Both teams were prepared and battled really really hard our there and they were doing everything that they could do to win that game."



Leading up to the semi final game Vision Hockey Green went 2 - 0 - 1. 


In their first game on Friday against Regional Express,  Vision Hockey came from behind after trailing 4 - 2 at the end of the second.  Sam Dupuis scored in the first period unassisted and Brayden Smith scored the second goal in the second assisted by Zach Power. 


In the third period Vision Hockey fought back and narrowed the gap by one on a goal scored by Ian Lutowicz with Zach Pepper and Nathan Good assisting on the goal.  Express came back and scored to regain the two goal lead with 5:52 remaining.  Vision answered back :37 seconds later to narrow the gap to 1 once again with Brayden Smith scoring his second goal assisted by Sam Dupius.  As the clock was winding down in the final minute, Vision pulled their goalie for the extra man attacker and with 26.4 seconds remaining Carter McLlawin found the back of the net to tie the game at 5 - 5.  Assisting on the tying goal were Luke Venhuizen and Brayden Smith. Time ran out and the two teams ended with a tie.


For their second game on Friday Vision took a 6 - 3 win over Xcelerate.  Vision took a 5 - 1 lead after the first period.  Neither side scored in the second.  Xcelerate added two goals in the third and with :36 seconds remaining in the game Vision added their final goal.  Leading Vision in scoring was Nathan Good with two goals, and singles by Brayden Smith, Travis Tuszynski, Zack Power and Luke Venhuizen.



On Saturday morning Vision Green overpowered the Mounties and won with a final score of 11 - 2.  After two periods of play Vision led by a score of 3 - 2.  In the third they peppered the Mounties and went on and scored 8 unanswered goals. Scoring for Vision were Brayden Smith with scored 3 goals, Zack Pepper and Nathan Good scored 2 goals each and singles by Ian Lutowicz, Travis Tuszynski, Zack Power, and Sam Dupius.


In their fourth round game they defeated the Oil Slickers with a final score of 6 - 1.  After the first period both sides were even with 1 each and Vision went on and added a single in the second and 4 more in the third.  Ian Lutowicz and Travis Tuszynski each scored two goals in the game and Brandon Neelin and Carter McIlwain scored one apeice in the win.


Outstanding performance throughout the tournament was netminder Brant Galbraith.





1999 - 2013 Sarniasports.com - All rights reserved

About Us       Contact       Jobs