Home   Baseball    Football    Hockey   3 on 3 Hockey    Lacrosse    Rugby    School Sports   Soccer  Ultimate Frisbee     


SMAA Saturday Football at Norm Perry

Saturday october 19, 2013,

All 12 teams were on the gridiron in their final regular season game before next Saturday's semi-finals.

In the Atom division the Cupe Local 1238 Razor Claws scratched their way to another victory, this time  over the Laxess Shock Wave,  30-12.  Tyler Hopwood led the Claws with 4 touchdowns on runs of 23, 30, 32 and 35 yards.  Perry Moffatt also sped to the end zone from 17 yards out.  Hayden Witliff and Tyler Kerby each counted majors for the Shock Wave on 1 yard runs.  In a tight defensive battle the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 62 Iron Hides shut out the Inferno 12-0.  Aaron Shanks scampered to the end zone from 41 yards in the first half and Noah Lester drove across the line on a 2 yard run in the second half.

The PeeWee Division featured two very close, competitive games.  In the first tilt, The Rob Simrak Magic Realty Sky Fire defeated a very gallant Optimist Club of Sarnia Lakeshore Vortex team that just wouldn't quit.  The Sky Fire opened up a 12-0 first half lead on runs of 23 and 31 yards from Aiden Wildfong.  Late in the second quarter Lucas Kita sped 51 yards for a major resulting in a 12-6 Sky Fire lead at the halftime break.  Isaac Kidd ran for 40 yards and Joe Rose rumbled for 51 yards up the middle to increase the lead to 24-6.  The Vortex struck back with a vengeance on a long drive that culminated in a 1 yard run of Colton Shepherd and a convert by Matthew Gouveia.  With time running out the Vortex struck again, this time on an electrifying 70 yard dash by speedy Jonah Wilson making the final Score Sky Fire 24, Vortex 20.  The final game pitted the Cupe Local 1238 Avengers against the Purdy Fisheries Storm.  The only major of the first half was a 4 yard run by quarterback Jackson Grasse of the Avengers.  In the second half Lucas Clubb scored a touchdown on a 46 yard run, upping the Avenger lead to 12-0.  The Storm did not surrender however, and with time running down Ethan Barnes broke the plane from 1 yard out.  A convert by Brody Phillips shrunk the lead to 12-8.  The Avengers recovered the ensuing short kick and ran out the clock for a hard fought 12-8 victory.

The first Bantam game was an exciting affair as the Sylvan Learning Centre Bears clashed with the Mammoet Crane Incorporated Mammoths.  Each team scored two majors in the first half, the Bears on runs of 4 and 60 yards by Josh Clubb, the Mammoths on a 1 yard plunge and a 5 yard gallop by Travis Conrad.  Clay Mackie converted both touchdowns for the Bears and Garrett Patterson had 1 convert for the Mammoths as the Bears led 15-14 at the half.  Clubb counted two more majors in the second half and Travis Conrad one.  Converts by both Clubb and Mackie resulted in a 29-20 victory by the Bears.  In the finale the Mechanical Contractor's Assocaition Toros ran roughshod over the Sarnia Police Association Tiger Sharks.  Aiden Hodgson was the offensive star for the Toros, scoring 3 majors on runs of 19, 58 and 64 yards as well as adding 3 converts.  Jakson Fisher dashed to the corner from 4 yards and Matthew Dunn completed the scoring for the Toros as they posted a 36-0 victory.










1999 - 2013 Sarniasports.com - All rights reserved

About Us       Contact       Jobs