Home   Baseball   Bowling  Football    Hockey   3 on 3 Hockey    Lacrosse   Soccer     

SMAA Football Saturday Semi Finals
Monday October 27, 2014

Atom Division

The Sarnia Firefighters Association Razor Claws continue to douse their opposition.  This time it was against the Sylvan Learning Centre Fire Bolts 30-6.  The Fire Bolts took the lead as Owen Piggott raced 27 yards to the end zone on their opening possession.  From then on, it was all Razor Claws, with Reilly Dumond and Carter Grasse each scoring a pair of touchdowns and Tyler Hopwood adding another.  The Razor Claw defensive line was outstanding, shedding their blocks and causing chaos in the Fire Bolt backfield all game.



The Steeves and Rozema Shock Wave earned a date in the championship game with a back and forth 24-18 victory over the Bill Dennis Exit Realty Twin Bridges Inferno.  For every touchdown scored by the Shock Wave there was a reply by the Inferno.  Tyler Kerby and Liam Swanson each score a pair of majors for the victors.  Shane Knight, Gage Klyne and Dante Musokotwan countered for the Inferno.  Kerby and Musokotwan were also standouts on defense for their teams.



Peewee Division
The Laxess Avengers prevailed over the Robinson Design and Drafting Vortex 36-13.  The Avengers jumped on the Vortex quickly with a 21 yard pass from quarterback Nicholas Vacek to Dray Pepper and a 30 yard touchdown run by Lucas Kita.  Vacek converted Pepper's major.  The Vortex responded with a long time consuming drive which culminated in a 1 yard plunge by Styles Greenbird.  Reid Robinson's convert made the score 14-7 which was the way it remained at the half. 

In the third quarter the Avengers increased their lead on a 4 yard run by Josh Hillsdon and a 1 yard qurterback sneak by Vacek.  Ty Frost also scored a touchdown for the winners on a 1 yard run.  The Vortex did not give up and were rewarded when Reid Robinson, who had an outstanding game on defense as well, scampered 75 yards to the end zone for the final score of the game.



They came to play today!  In a match up between the second and third place teams, the Vidal Pharmacy Buzz Saw tore apart the Rob Simrak Magic Realty Sky Fire 32-0.  This score was a shocker as these 2 teams were separated by only 1 point in the final standings and games between them were always decided by no more than a touchdown. 

On the Sky Fire's opening play from scrimmage, the ball was fumbled and recovered by the Buzz Saw.  Luke LaLonde ran the ball into the end zone on a 1 yard quarterback sneak and Ron Presichetti booted the convert on the resulting drive.  The Buzz Saw recovered the ensuing kick off and Noah Lester dashed 12 yards to the house a few plays later, opening up a 14-0 lead.  Persichetti added to the margin with a 17 yard run before the half.  Lester and Persichetti added majors in the second half for the victory.  The Buzz Saw defense continually stuffed the Sky Fire outside running game.  Austin Cressman contained many runs with outstanding tackles.  Cody Johnston also had 2 interceptions in an outstanding team effort.



Bantam Division
The Mammoet Crane Mammoths prevailed over the Optimist Club of Sarnia Lakeshore in a football game that resembled a track meet.  This was a game that saw 70 points put on the board by both teams with a 48-22 final score.  Avery Smiley, Matt Kirk and Sebastien Collins all scored touchdowns for the Grizzlies and Garrett Patterson added a convert.  At times the creative pass plays designed by coach Chris Isaac appeared to confuse the Mammoth defense.  But their powerhouse offense responded to all challenges.  Quarterback Hunter Hendrie led the charge with 3 touchdowns, speedy Joel Card added a pair, with singles to Justin Cain and Aiden Wildfong.  Justin Cain added 2 kicked converts and Matthew Davies caught a pass in the end zone from Hendrie for the other convert.



The final game of the day turned into a nail biter as the Mechanical Contractor's association Toros hung on over the Dylan Gallant led Sarnia Police Association Tiger Sharks 36-34.  The Toros took the lead on their opening possession and had a 22-12 lead at the half on a pair of touchdown runs by Brett Riley and another major by Cameron Havers.  Zachary Tremblay and Chase Frost each added a kicked convert.  Dylan Gallant ran for a pair of touchdowns for the Sharks in the first half. 

The teams traded touchdowns in the third quarter as first Riley extended the Toro lead, then Gallant narrowed it with a 70 yard run and a kicked convert to make the score 28-20 heading to the final quarter.  Then things became interesting.  Riley dashed 20 yards to the end zone and Tremblay's convert had the Toros apparently up by a comfortable 16 point margin.  On the ensuing possession the Sharks moved methodically down the field in a drive that culminated with Gallant running 20 yards to the end zone.  His convert narrowed the lead to 8, making the score 36-28. 

The Tiger Sharks tried a short kick, which they recovered. Four plays later Gallant struck again, this time on on a 29 yard run.  In a huge play. the convert was blocked and the Toros had a slim two point advantage.  The Tiger Sharks again were successful on a short kick and had possession of the ball with 4 minutes remaining and down by 2.  The final drive for them started.  They attained two first downs and appeared to have a third inside the Toro 20,when a holding penalty was called in their back field bringing the ball back to the 40.  From there on they just couldn't get untracked and the Toro defense came up big, turning the ball over to their offense on downs.   The Toro offense was able to run the clock out for their victory in a most exciting game.







1999 - 2014 Sarniasports.com - All rights reserved

About Us       Contact       Jobs